Extended Deadline for Submitting 2013 Conference Proposal
Do you have something to say about current challenges to academic freedom? Online education? Pedagogical techniques that really work? Strategies for improving working conditions or academic freedom protections for contingent faculty? Furloughs, cutbacks, salary freezes? Collective bargaining? Or other timely topics in higher education?
If so, we invite you to submit a proposal for the AAUP Annual Conference on the State of Higher Education, to be held June 12–14, 2013, in Washington, D.C. Proposals will now be accepted through December 15. Accepted presenters, including co-presenters and panelists, must register for the conference and pay applicable registration fee of $350 for AAUP members and $400 for non-members by March 18.
If you’ve already submitted a proposal and have received an acknowledgement, please pass this on to a colleague.
We encourage proposals that raise questions, engage conference participants in discussion, and foster dialogue.
You may propose either a complete session, with multiple participants, or an individual presentation, with one presenter. Individual presentations, if accepted, will be grouped into sessions with other related individual presentations.
Complete sessions may consist of a set of traditional presentations (a panel presentation), followed by Q&A, or may be structured as a roundtable discussion, designed to encourage more audience participation.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
Proposals on other topics of interest to a multidisciplinary audience are welcome.
- Funding and defunding public education
- Collective bargaining in higher education
- The role of faculty in institutional decision making
- Faculty working off the tenure track
- The role of academic professionals in higher education
- Assessment and accountability
- The corporatization of teaching and research
- Race, gender, and sexual orientation in the academy
- The twenty-first-century curriculum
- Online education
Mayflower Renaissance Washington DC Hotel
1127 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
- December 15, 2012: Final deadline to submit a proposal.
- December 17, 2012: If you submitted a proposal by the November 30 deadline, you will be notified whether your proposal has been accepted. If you submit a proposal after November 30, you will be notified in January, 2013.
- January 16, 2012: Registration opens
- March 18, 2012: Deadline for presenters to register for the conference. Sessions will be cancelled if presenters have not registered.
- April 5, 2013: Presenters will receive their time slots.
Presenter/Early bird registration (before March 16): $350. Additional fees will apply for optional functions and meals.
In January, 2013, visit our website at http://www.aaup.org to register or for more information.
For questions or to submit a proposal, please e-mail email@example.com